From:
Marilyn Manson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marilyn Manson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 22:29:19 -0600
Okay, first I need to pull the shoestore out of my mouth.  In my last
game recap, I said that UND was playing UMD, and that the Sioux were
playing the Bulldogs.  I THINK I have it right this time :-)

This game appeared to be the best one of the year.  With the exception of
only a few defensive breakdowns, UND played a very good game.  Kvalevog
looked sharp between the pipes.  Kochan played an INCREDIBLE game for NMU
by stopping 46 shots (Kvalevog stopped 17).
        The five goals for the Sioux were scored by five different
players, which seems to emphasize the point that Blais is trying to
spread out the scoring among as many players as possible.

Thoughts:

UND is incredibly well conditioned.  They were hustling for all of free
pucks, even at the end of tonight's game.  This turned out to be a big
advantage, as NMU looked tired toward the end of the game.

This was Kvalevog's first shutout in recent memory.  The big question is
how he will look when he faces 30+ pucks in one night and not <20.

UND looked very good on the powerplay, BUT Kochan was able to shut them
down each time (0-6).

Fan support in GFK is growing (big surprise).  Tonight's game was a sell-out.

The Sioux go to Minneapolis to face the Gophers next weekend.
                                                        charles
-
http://www.aero.und.edu/~cbell/hockey.htm
-