From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 10:21:54 -0400
On 29 Jul 96 at 8:14, Curtis_T wrote:

>      I am posting to ask that the administrators reconsider their
>      "decision"
> that this thread is college hockey relevant. Speaking Only for
> Myself, I find it not relevant. And, should this be posted and
> someone agrees, please chime in ( I'm not implying majority rules on
> the list). Like most people, I have my own views on the matter, but
> I am not going to burden you with them here. And please, save the

Since I'm the acting HOCKEY-L admin I suppose I need to address this,
and while I think Bill is still around I'm sure he'll agree with this
too.

I disagree strongly with this message because Curtis claims he
dislikes reading something he personally feels is not relevant, yet
he asks people to "chime in" if they feel like he does.  For the
record those posts are off-topic and not allowed on HOCKEY-L.  I
strongly suggest for people not to "chime in" and simply voice your
opinions to either Bill or me.

In regards to whether this topic is relevant for this list.  I will
conceed that probably during the season we would not allow such
lengthy discussion on this topic, for now the "topic" is ok.  However
do keep in mind in every post you make that this is a college hockey
list.

Honestly speaking I don't know how long this discussion can
go since, as Bill said, we are teetering dangerously close to where
people are flaming one another.  I would suggest that if your post
does not directly relate to Miami University you move it to a private
message.. we certainly are not here to discuss politics or political
correctness in general only as it relates to college hockey.

I think the discussion itself is starting to slow down so I don't see
any need to step in and do anything, but please keep in mind what this
list is setup for before you post further on this matter.

Thanks,

Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
Acting HOCKEY-L Administrator