From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 02:02:02 -0400
At 11:38 PM -0400 7/9/96, Jim Baines wrote:
> Attention to anyone who knows anything about Dartmouth...
>
> We took a drive through that gorgeous campus last Wednesday.  I even went
> inside your basketball facility.  However, we couldn't find your hockey
> rink!  Where was/is it?  Were we even close?  Thanks.

I think you were very close.  I can't remember the specifics, but the rink
is almost right across from the field house on the same road.  However, it
is set off from the road behind some houses or other buildings, and also,
Thompson Arena is sunk into the ground such that when you walk in at the
same level as the parking lot, you're at the top of the seating area.  The
ice is probably 30-40 feet below ground level.  That means that there isn't
that much of the arena sticking up above the ground (pretty much only the
roof), and it could have been easy to miss especially being set back a bit.
I seem to recall that the first time I went there, I had trouble finding it
too.

Very nice facility, it's too bad you couldn't find it.  We stopped in there
once on the way to Vermont a few years ago so I could show it to Heather.
Merrimack will be up there the day after Thanksgiving this year, too.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93