From:
Brian Albrecht <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Albrecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 19:38:51 -0600

>> I have heard/read somewhere that Wisconsin not getting home ice in the
>> playoffs cost the WCHA $100,000.  If so, would someone like to clue me in as
>> to what that's all about?  Thnkx
>>
>> Tom Rowe                                 Internet:  [log in to unmask]
>>
>> Department of Psychology                 ***********************************
>> U. of Wisconsin - Stevens Point          Home of Division III National
>>      Go Point!                           Champions '89, '90, '91, & '93
>>
>> HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>> [log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.
>>
>It is called gate reciepts.  The Dane County Coliseum (home
>to UW) holds 8600 for hockey.  The new Marriucci is the only rink
>in the conference that holds more.  So consider if the series goes
>three games-25,800 total for the series.
>
>This is sort of peanuts compared to what could happen if
>Bucky doesn't make the Final Five.  It is being held at the
>Bradley Center this year.  I have heard reports that the WCHA
>and the city of Milwaukee could lose over $250,000. (ouch babe)
>
>later
>jd
>on wisconsin

Hmmmm.  What about the $10(student price) first round playoff ticket that
all season ticket holders had to buy?  I haven't heard that we are getting a
refund, so who's getting all that money?  I'm not sure how many people hold
season tickets for the Badger games(anybody know?).  I'm guessing that most
people who go to the games do.  Lets say 8000 seats at a minimum 10 bucks a
ticket, thats 80,000 dollars.  That would be 80,000 for each night(we could
only buy Friday or Saturday tickets).  So they way I figure it(please please
please correct this if I'm wrong) they have about $160,000 of season ticket
holder money already.  If they don't give a refund, then somebody is getting
rich.
*     Brian Albrecht    University of Wisconsin -Madison  GO BADGERS!!!    *
*                    email [log in to unmask]                      *
*                  RPI class of '95   Civil Engineering                    *
*                RPI Engineer Hockey, 1995 ECAC Champions!!!               *
*             "When you've said Wisconsin, you've said it all!"            *