From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 1996 10:59:50 -0700
I realize this is a touchy subject, and that plenty of fairly well-to-do
players still are paid to play college hockey, but I wonder why ...
scholarship should go to those who truly need them.  I know, sounds like
D-III ... and IMHO that is the proper way to go.  Of course it will never
happen.  No flames please!!

I am not faulting St. Lawrence for wanting to stay competitive, apparently
my old school RPI went this route years ago.  Just hate to see it as a
necessity for remaining competitive in D-I hockey, guess it is.

Just my 2 cents and a chance to get rid of some of my dander that came up.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

             <stuff snipped>  Emphasis below: