Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:02:50 -0500

>LONGEST DIVISION I HOCKEY OVERTIME UNBEATEN STREAKS (11/09/95)
>
>RK TEAM              GMS  RECORD  LAST OVERTIME LOSS
>1  Maine              15  3-0-12  2/19/93 6-7 vs Boston University
>2  Northern Michigan  12  3-0-9   11/30/91 4-5 at Colorado College
>
>NOTES: All games are vs DivI teams.  No other DivI team has gone two
>seasons without losing an overtime game (prior to 95-96).  Maine's
>streak includes three ties that were later forfeited during 1993-94.
>Maine's streak also includes two ties this season, 11/3-4/95, both vs
>UNH.  NMU has not played any overtime games this season.

While this streak doesn't meet the same criteria as those Mike Machnik
listed above, it is impressive in its own way.

Since dropping an 8-7 overtime game to Rensselaer on Dec. 8, 1990, Harvard
has not lost an ECAC REGULAR-SEASON game in overtime. The Crimson owns a
7-0-16 mark in regular-season overtime games against ECAC opponents since
then--23 GAMES.

The unfortunate part for Harvard fans is that the Crimson has lost a
Beanpot championship, an ECAC quarterfinal, an NCAA quarterfinal, and an
NCAA semifinal in overtime during this span.

--Mike Jackman