From:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Myrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 16:59:23 EST
Call me a pessimist but how does a concerned and caring fan reading HOCKEY-L
or walking into your local school's ice arena know if Joe Fan with the bucket
at the door is really collecting for Travis Roy, or his own pocket?

Even when the news of Travis first came out, there was a half dozen addresses
as to where to send money/donations/cards.  It seems to me the unscrupulous
prey and thrive on traumatic situations, and one would have to be careful,
obviously with a "cash-in-the-bucket" donation, but EVEN if you were to write
a check made out to the "Travis Roy Fund"....is it only Mr. & Mrs. Roy who can
cash a check made out that way?

Just wondering with the recent telethon and amount of press this has gotten.