Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 1995 15:25:16 EDT
The first batch of letters, those arriving before Wednesday, are now
in Boston.  They were delivered this AM by Bruce Myers, the head of
Alumni Affairs at NYA.  I figured that adding them to a large pile of
letters being hand-delivered would be safer and easier than using the
good old USPS.  The staff at NYA was thrilled to hear that I had 32
messages from net-ters for Travis, but they'll be even happier when I
the first batch of letters, and was pleasantly surprised to find another
40+ messages from hockey-l folks for Trav.  If you haven't sent a letter,

or would like to send another, feel free to email me by Monday AM, and
I'll add your thoughts to the next batch of letters.

About the Travis Fund:  Someone asked about where the money collected by the
funds for Travis would be going...The NYA Fund has been set up to help
the Roy family pay for Travis' hospital stay, operations, rehab and to
help the Roys stay in Boston with Travis throughout his recovery.

Thanks again to everyone who has e- or snail- mailed Travis.  Bruce Myers and
Kevin Potter, NYA's hockey coach, both report that the support is
helping both Trav and his family.

John Forsyth