Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 13:37:57 EDT
As someone who knows the Roy family I want to thank everyone who has posted
their thoughts here.  I am planning to send Travis a letter as soon as
I hear the results of today's surgery.  I plan to include some of the
posts here so that he can see how many people out here are with him.
I'll be editing out descriptions and reactions to the hit, he doesn't
need to relive it.  If you wrote a message here and do not want it sent,
please email me and I won't include it.  If you want to add a message
for me to send him, you can also email it to me and I'll be sure to
include it.  My address is   [log in to unmask]
If you have already sent, or are planning to send, a card to Travis,
I thank you.  For someone in Travis' condition, every thought, card
and letter can make a big difference.

On another note about Travis, I attended the Portland Pirates game with
my sister on Saturday night and there was a moment of silence before the
game.  As it was reported in the Boston papers, Travis served as a Maine
Mariner stickboy; he later played in the Pirates' home, the Cumberland
County Civic Center, as a member of Casco Bay Youth Hockey.
When the players took the ice, my sister asked, "How can these guys go
out there and play, knowing what happened last night?  Aren't they
worried it will happen to them?"  Not the easiest of questions to answer,
but I think Lee said it best yesterday:  If he was given a choice...he'd
want it to happen in the arena.  That's his home.

John Forsyth

"Travis will return to this arena."   -- Lee Roy