From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 11:25:24 -0400
I am sorry but I deleted Jason Cote's message that stated that Roy fractured
his C4 vertebra and that this meant repiratory problems.  I was watching the
game on WABU and the doctor who was on the ice reported after the game that
Roy was not having troubles breathing.  The Boston Globe is reporting today
that surgery is scheduled for this AM.  It also reports that yesterday's MRI
showed a lot of swelling but that the cord was not transected.  A graft will
be performed to take bone from his hip to form a protective bone around his
spinal cord.