From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 15:04:24 -0400
I've been thinking about my post to Info-Hockey-L earlier today, and I
just keep coming back to how smart Rensselaer's Friday night
skatearound is.  It's a better time, it's open to everyone, it includes
the women's team!!!, and you get a little skating in.  Full marks to
Rensselaer for improving on midnight madness!  (see both posts below)

-- -- --

Harvard is renowned for its adherence to tradition, but the men's
hockey team will stray from its normal routine when it opens its
1995-96 season with a Bright Center practice at Midnight on
Saturday, October 14.  Harvard's first "Midnight Madness" will
allow Harvard students (with a valid Harvard ID) to waste no time
in catching their first glimpse of the Crimson icemen.  Free
shuttle service will be provided at the conclusion of this event
to transport students from Bright Center back to the main campus.
Doors open at 11:30pm.  The first 60 students will receive free T-
shirts.

-- -- --

From:         Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      RPI Engineers Skatearound Friday

The athletic department at RPI asked me to inform everyone of this:

"Skate with the Engineers"

On Friday October 13, 1995 the Houston Fieldhouse will be the site of the
annual "Skate with the Engineers".

Starting at 7:00PM, it is open to the general public.  The Men's and
Women's Ice Hockey Teams will be introduced, and the sparkling debut
of the Red Hawk, Rensselaer's new mascot will take place. (ed. Ugh)

Then get the opportunity to lace up your skates and skate with the
members of the Engineers and talk, get autographs, and mingle.

The RPI Pep Band and Cheerleaders will perform, and the Outlet for
Engineer hockey WRPI 91.5FM will broadcast live from the Fieldhouse.

/
 good shooting
 hungerf