Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 15:13:25 EDT
My two favorite personal memories would be 1) meeting Wayne there in
1992 (not our beloved Wayne, the "other" Wayne from Los Angeles)
and 2) walking to center ice before a team practice and looking
up into the rafters.  That was truly a special place to be.

The 1992 and 1993 HE Championship Games rate equally high in my book,
92 because it was my first year (and Jeff Levy out on an unbelievable
show in the UNH net) and 1993 because repeating as champions is not an
easy task (plus, we beat BU).

Sean and Derek pointed out last night that the announcer's "booth" at
the Garden was unique and would not be duplicated at the new
place.  I was lucky enough to watch 2 HE tournaments from that
vantage point, and you couldn't ask for a better place to view a game.
For every reason you can list to leave the Garden, it seems there is
a reason to keep it.  Like #4 and all the others said, it was time
to go, but we're going to miss Boston Garden.  But, on the bright side,
Boston Garden was just a building 67 years ago, not the treasure
we see it as today.  Hopefully in 67 more years we'll have a lifetime
worth of memories of the Fleet Center that will be just as special.

John Forsyth
"L.L. Bean- The Store that Knows the Outdoors" (c)
42-1-2