From:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:08:35 -0500
yOn Mon, 25 Sep 1995, Terry Paul Kasdan wrote:

        I have Watched a lot of NCAA hockey 1,2 and 3 and There is a big
difference from II to Div I, For instance Div I players are much quicker
and faster and play for teams that can spend money recruiting the top
players.

> * 1995: Mercyhurst (the No.1-ranked NCAA Division II team) 5,
> Penn State 4 ... in overtime.

        This isn't really a valid comparison because there isn't much
difference between Div II and DIV III except size of schools by enrollment.
also MercyHurst didn't end as the Number one team BSU did.

> * 1994: Lake Forest College (NCAA Division III) 8, Illinois-Champaign 9.
        Lake FOrest is in the Bottom of the NCHA division again terrible
comparison. Check last years standing.....

> * Two years ago, North Dakota State almost did not qualify for the ACHA's
> national tournament because they didn't play enough ACHA opponents.
> Their schedule was chock full of NJCAA and NCAA teams.
        You are talking about JUniors collerges and DIV III