From:
Doug Garn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 17:03:21 -0500
> As to the arrangement with Joe Louis (per J. Stephens post):  Mr. Ilitch
> has provided the final financial push to complete a 5.3 million dollar
> project.

Was this common knowledge?  For instance, was this in the local paper
(Evening News)?  If it was, I missed it (not hard for me to do).

> There's quite a bit more involved.  Yes,  Lake State moves one home game
> a year to JLA.  It will be Michigan or MSU (in most instances).

Was this part of Mr. Ilitch's proviso's for the donation to Abel Arena?

> it's one less game on our home schedule.  However (Chuck Cliff),  if the
> money and assistance provided by Mr. Ilitch helps us to bring the likes
> of Maine,  Minnesota,  BU or so forth into the Abel Arena (with increased
> seating,  we can offer better guarantees),  then perhaps that helps to
> offset the loss of the UM or MSU game.

And when do you expect to see Maine, Minnesota, or BU at Abel Arena?
I know one local restaurant (The Palace) will be hurt by no MSU game.  I
can guess that many motels will lose business also (its amazing how many
MSU alumni stay in the Soo for the this game).

> No it doesn't mean LSSU alums get faster home delivery of Pizza.

Rats, I was really counting on the faster home delivery! <G>