From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 1995 05:40:38 -0500
It was good to finally see the list of RPI recruits.  (Some of us were
starting to worry. :-). )

Jayson wrote:

> * - The seniors that graduated and vacated scholarships were:
>         Jeff Brick, Kelly Askew, Eric Perardi, Craig Hamelin, Wayne Clarke
>         Adam Bartell
>     Those not with scholarships:
>         Ken Kwasniewski, Jeff Matthews, Tim Spadafore
>
>         With the 18 scholarship rule in effect, RPI could only hand out
>         5 full scholarships.  Those 5 scholarships went to:
>                 RW Matt Garver
>                 LW Mark Murphy
>                 LW Jean-Francois Gosselin
>                  C Alain St. Hilaire
>                  D George Murray

Hmmm.  This doesn't make much sense.  RPI lost 6 athletes with
scholarships but could only hand out 5 new ones.  I guess that there
are three possible explanations.  1) One is being held for Kyle
Ferguson who will be eligible in the second semester.  2) Some of the
graduating seniors had partial scholarships.  3) Poor arithmetic at
RPI again.

I probably should just ask Jayson directly, but does the absense of
Chris Maye on this list mean that he has decided to return for next
year?  (He was redshirted once.)

> * - Rumor has it that a lot of people were disappointed when they heard
>     that there were 2 French Canadians coming to RPI and that their names
>     were not Perrin and St. Louis  :)

Or Juneau and Robitaille.

Does anyone remember RPI ever releasing the names of non-scholarship
athletes at the same time as those on athletic scholarships in past

Ralph Baer
RPI^H^H^H Rensselaer :-(
'68, '70, '74