From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 1995 12:11:00 EST
I completed an article this week in which I selected my
All-CCHA and CCHA All-Rookie teams, among other
things.  Even though there are two weeks remaining in
the season, I'm pretty much stuck with these selections. :-)
This year, I only picked a first team (no second or honorable
mention...just too damn difficult).  For those who don't know
me, I'll preface this by saying I see a LOT of CCHA games
and I'm quite opinionated and often biased.  I've been
accused of everything from being too pro-Michigan (what
a great thing to be accused of :-), to being boring because
my objectivity makes me no fun.  So, take it for what it's
worth.

I'll try to keep the comments with the selections brief.

1994-95 ALL-CCHA FIRST TEAM
  F Brian Holzinger SR Bowling Green
  F Mike Knuble SR Michigan
  F Brendan Morrison SO Michigan
Knuble gets the final nod over the likes of Kevyn Adams
(Miami), Anson Carter (Michigan State) and Rem Murray
(Michigan State).  He's second in CCHA goals (18), first
in goals per game (.90) and tied with Zinger with 15 even
strength goals.
  D Keith Aldridge JR Lake Superior
  D Kelly Perrault SO Bowling Green
Aldridge is a late choice.  I'll still take Michigan's Steven
Halko and Blake Sloan over any other CCHA pair.  Andy
Roach (Ferris State) enjoyed a fine season following in
the footsteps of John Gruden.
  G Charles Thuss SR Miami
Easy call.  Marty Turco (Michigan) will be there in due time.

1994-95 CCHA ALL-ROOKIE FIRST TEAM
  F Robb Gordon FR Michigan
  F Richard Keyes FR Michigan State
  F Bill Muckalt FR Michigan
Muckalt and Gordon are 1-2 in freshman scoring.  Jason
Blake (Ferris State) has better numbers than Keyes, but
Keyes is a better player, IMO.  Behind Blake, I like Vitali
Andreev (Miami).
  D Dan Boyle FR Miami
  D Steve Duke FR Western Michigan
Duke is a given.  Boyle is a toss-up with Ted Laviolette
(Lake Superior).  I took Boyle for supplying MU with much
needed offensive production from the blueline.
  G Marty Turco FR Michigan
Can there be any doubt.

CCHA PLAYER OF THE YEAR
  Brian Holzinger SR C Bowling Green
Brendan Morrison (Michigan) a distant second followed by
Charles Thuss (Miami).

CCHA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
  Marty Turco FR G Michigan
Runner-up to Steve Duke (Western Michigan).

CCHA COACH OF THE YEAR
  Mark Mazzoleni Miami
Ahead of Buddy Powers (Bowling Green) and Red
Berenson (Michigan).

CCHA BEST OFFENSIVE DEFENSEMAN
  Kelly Perrault SO Bowling Green
Fewer goals than Andy Roach (Ferris State), but more
points and a more dangerous shot.

CCHA BEST DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMAN
  pick 'em...
Steven Halko (Michigan), Dwight Parrish (Ferris State),
Blake Sloan (Michigan) and Bart Vanstaalduinen (Michigan
State).

CCHA BEST DEFENSIVE FORWARD
  Brian Gallentine SR Western Michigan
Consideration to Michigan's line of Kevin Hilton, Warren
Luhning and John Madden.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan