From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 1991 14:35:16 GMT
From what I recall, all HE teams charge the same price for all regular
season games.  Cheapest tickets are probably at Merrimack, Lowell and
Northeastern.  Students at Merrimack can get in free if they present
their id at the ticket office prior to the day of the game and pick up a
ticket.  I don't think any other HE school does that, but it's a carryover
from Merrimack's DivII days.  Regular admission is $5-6.  That was jacked up
when the team entered HE.

I believe NU charges $2 with an id, $5 regular admission.  Lowell is
something like $3 & $5-6.

BC is probably the most expensive, $5 id (but only BC students!), $8
otherwise.  But they have that $35 million thing to pay for.

PC, UNH and BU are somewhere in between BC and everyone else.  I don't
recall what Maine charges since I've never bought a ticket there, but
Wayne posted that info a little while ago.

Sorry for any mistakes I may have made in quoting prices, but I think
they're pretty accurate.  It has been a few years since I've bought
tickets at most of these rinks.

I also recall some ECAC folks saying certain games were more expensive
(Harvard, Cornell).

I don't have a problem with schools charging more for games against certain
teams as long as you're made aware of that difference in price up front.
It's the old law of supply & demand.  Maybe you could look at it this way:
SCSU's regular price is $10, but only $8 for everyone but Minnesota. :-)

As was already said, teams that will sell out every game don't need to
raise the price of certain games.  And for other teams that may not sell
out, raising the price of certain games may enable them to keep the price
of the other games low.  That's what you get, Eric, for being a Gopher
fan.  Support a less expensive team. :-)

- mike

p.s. thanks to Eric for the SCSU sched.