Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 16:16:38 -0400
I have found the rating of the ECAC facilities interesting.  I have not been
to Getterson Fieldhouse or Cheel Arena (I saw many losing efforts at Walker,
though) but am familiar with the others.  I agree with one reader (sorry I
deleted the name) that Ingalls Rink deserves to be higher on the list.
Perhaps it's low ranking was a result of criterion #7 - food.  I did not
agree with the comparison of Appleton to Walker.  True, I might be prejudice
but I see no comparison.  I agree with ranking Appleton Arena high on the
list.  "Rustic" and "homey" are fine descriptions.  I find the wood of
Appleton much more appealing than all the cement, metal and plastic of so
many of the newer rinks. I do think that RPI's Houston Fieldhouse deserves to
be farther down the list (perhaps in the #10 slot opened up when Ingalls moved
up).  I would also move Harvard's Bright Hockey Center down the list.

A second thought - I have been following college hockey for over 20 years.
It appears to me that fans (I am not pointing fingers at any particular
school) are more often rude. Is it really necessary to shout obscenities,
call names and taunt the opponent?  I hate to think that I am just becoming a
little old lady who doesn't understand.

Sara
St. Lawrence Univ. '77