From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 May 91 01:20:30 EDT
Heard this from Bill Clement during last night's Stars' win
over Pittsburgh.  Clement noted that Jon Casey, Stars' goalie, had a
chance to go to Princeton but that he thought it was too fast and the
fans were too rude there (I think he meant the fans).  Instead, he
chose quiet North Dakota.  You mean, the same North Dakota where the
fans threw dead gophers and badgers on the ice? :-)  Well, at least
they weren't throwing them at him.

No disrespect meant to Sioux fans, I just thought this was funny.

Note that former US collegians are playing a big part in both teams'
Cup efforts (Casey, Broten, Stevens, Young to name just a few), not
to mention the US high school players like Barrasso (Acton-Boxboro
Regional HS, Mass.) and Bourque (Chelmsford HS, Mass., home of Apollo).
You expect guys like Lemieux and Smith to do well, but I like to see
the collegians be recognized as integral parts of Cup-winning teams.
I'm sure the multitude of Minnesota fans on the list are enjoying the
Stars' success.  Try not to hurt yourself falling off the bandwagon. :-)

Mike Machnik             [log in to unmask]    samsung!hubdub!nin15b34
NORTHEASTERN HUSKIES: 1988 Beanpot & Hockey East Champions
MERRIMACK WARRIORS: 1993 Hockey East Champions
NCAA Hockey -> Fire on Ice!