From:
Andrew D Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 91 15:26:16 EST
I was rather surprised to hear Laing Kennedy say a couple of things
about how teams are selected, (Not seeded,) on the Radio Friday night.
He said it was all selected on clearly defined mathematical methods.
These methods are made available to every university at the beginning of
the season.  (I guess we can look forward to an unofficial NCAA
rating??)
Next, there are always two teams from a conference chosen.  (I am not
too sure about Cornell (god bless them) but I guess that explains their
bid.)
Just passing info along.
A tear for the red
Andy

Andrew D. Williams (Cornell '90)
Cornell University Law School                 Educational Technologies
Computing Lab Supervisor                              Ithaca, New York
BitNet: gjuy@cornella          InterNet: [log in to unmask]
Standard Disclaimer Applies...
Hoping for a future in Space Infrastructure Development