From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 1994 21:42:47 -0500
In the ECAC consolation game, Clarkson trounced Brown, 6-2.

Clarkson scored early on a rocket from marko tuomainen past Brown
goalie Mike Parsons. brown tied it up shortly thereafter but Clarkson
rattled off the next 4 goals for a commanding 5-1 lead. Brown made it
5-2 but Tuomainen launched another rocket past Parsons for the 6-2 final.

Brown looked as uninspired as they did last night. I feel bad for the Bruins
since they played well all season only to collapse late. They are a better
team than they showed in their two games in Placid.

I was surprised that Parsons started over Finch. With Finch being a
senior, I figured coach Bob Gaudet would have let Finch start in his
final contest as a Browner.

Midway through the third period, Tuomainen launched a blast that either
missed the net or was tipped. Either way, the shot launched full speed
right into the face of a guy sitting several rows in front of me and
richocheted off his face and into another section. This was incredibly
scary since the shot was essentially at full speed and Marko has one of
the hardest shots in the league. The guy was naturally shaken up pretty
badly but fortunately, he was able to walk off under his own power to
the stretcher.

Marko and Kevin Murphy each had a pair for the Golden Knights.

An addendum to last night's game, apparently Clarkson goalie
Jason Currie was suffering from some sort of virus late this
week. The paper said he skipped out early of Thursday's awards banquet
and was also sick on Friday.

I'd also like to commend the Clarkson and, especially Brown, fans who
showed up tonight. After their teams' lackluster performances last
night, I have a lot of respect for those who stayed another night or
drove back down to see their teams again. I'm sure both teams appreciated
it. That's true loyalty.

Although I didn't stay for the 2nd game, I'm sure the Arena was packed
for Harvard-RPI, though.

Bri Farenell                                     Clarkson '95
[log in to unmask]                 Glens Falls High '91
AHL and NCAA contact for rec.sport.hockey        Go Erin Whitten (GFH '89)!
Adirondack Red Wings, AHL Calder Cup Champs: '81  '86  '89  '92
Bri's Hoops Final Four picks: Arizona, Michigan, Kentucky and Florida.
        "It's a great day for hockey."  ---Bob Johnson