Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1992 10:53:50 -0600
Here is the box score for the Wisconsin-Michigan game from this
morning's Milwaukee Sentinel:

Wisconsin           2  1  1 - 4
Michigan            2  0  0 - 2

First Period
1. Wisc   5:12  Francisco (Tucker, Helgeson)
2. Mich   6:06  Felsner   (Roberts, Harlock)
3. Mich  15:32  Stone     unassisted, shorthanded
4. Wisc  19:33  Plante    (Kurtz)

Second Period
5. Wisc  18:42  Francisco (Doers, Moore)

Third Period
6. Wisc  19:27  Zent      (Macdonald) empty net

Power-play Opportunities
Wisconsin  0 for 7
Michigan   0 for 7

Shots on goal
Wisconsin   11  13   9 - 33
Michigan    10   4   5 - 19

Goalies
Wisconsin   Derksen (19 shots, 17 saves)
Michigan    Shields (32 shots, 29 saves)

[gaak! I mis-spelled Derksen's name in my earlier posting.  Sorry Duke!]

Attendance: 11,444

Note the Shot on goal numbers for Michigan in the second and third
periods.  The Badgers seemed to really adjust well to Michigan between
the first and second periods.  Congrats to the coaching staff for a job
well done!

A quote from this morning's paper:
----
For it's pregame meal, Wisconsin had steak and memories.

"We showed the highlight film of the 1990 championship game," UW Coach
Jeff Sauser said.  "The guys were singing to the music and dancing.  I
guess you could say we were loose."
----

Steve Manning
Milwaukee, WI