Sender:
From:
"Tuthill, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 16:30:00 EST
     Once the selections have been made,  are the regional seeds decided by
formula  --  pairwise or otherwise?   Or,  is it more subjective?

     I think that if it is subjective,  then Vermont would be in a very
strong position if it won the ECAC tournament since it is also the regular
season champion.   (Sort of like the "Clarkson Rule" rumored strongly 2
years ago.)

     In addition,  if Clarkson wins the ECAC tournament (might perhaps also
require a UVM loss in the semi),  they would be in a strong position by
virtue of taking 9 out of 10 points from HE this year including beating
Maine,  tying BU away,  and beating PC twice.   (Of course,  I haven't
checked the scenario effect on the RPI and PWR's to see if this type of
consideration would even be possible.)

     Just a thought to get the pot stirring some more:-):-)

     -- Dick Tuthill