Sender:
From:
Rob Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 19:13:06 -0500
on 12/14, Greenie wrote(among other things):

>[snip]My question is, with a "solid" netminder behind them, will a team alter
>its play, perhaps forechecking more or keeping winger on the blue line to
>cherrypick? If a team knows their goalie is a sieve, will they concentrate
>more on defense, and on protecting him?

Similar comments heard in Alfond prompted me to ask those questions.  Some say
that when Marsh is in net he inspires Maine to play better, and should
therefore start.  However, others argue that the players' lack of confidence
in him inspires them to play better both offensively and defensively.
Personally, I think that Marsh is a better goalie, but the fact that Allison
is an All-American and an assistant captain tell me that I'm probably wrong.
Being fairly new to college hockey, I'm not familiar enough with other goalies
to comment.

On a different, but related note- did anyone else see ESPN's Sportscenter
Wednesday?  They actually mentioned college hockey!  It was only a few second
spot with footage of BU's McKersie in net, but it's a start.  I strongly
encourage everyone to write or email ESPN and CNN and ask for more college
hockey coverage.  If they get enough people asking for it, maybe we can see
updates on Sportscenter and scores on Headline News.

Rob