From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1993 13:04:33 EST
(This is apparently an article intended for the list from Greg
Sorenson .. wts)

That's interesting...I was the hockey intern at MSU last year and had a
bit of interaction with Don Cameron, the (apparently former) editor of
CHM.  My last dialogues with him indicated that Howe Sports Publishing
was committed to the magazine, to the point where they were considering
hiring a couple more full-timers.

That hiring never happened.  However, Don did indicate that the parent
company was attempting to nail down a better distribution system, and
that could be what's keeping the mag off the presses this season.

Howe Sports does a lot of statistical stuff for various leagues,
including tracking former collegians now in the pros, and, I believe,
handling league stats and programs for either the AHL-or-IHL.  This may
be its first venture into major magazine publishing.