From:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ryan Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1993 21:23:57 EDT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Mike Machnik
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>....... HOWEVER, I would suspect that the decision on this might
>really be up to HE, and although I have no way of knowing what would
>happen, I personally believe they'd leave things as they were.  After
>all, this is the NC$$ handing down the penalty, not HE.

I believe Goldberg mentioned it is Hockey East's decision as far as
Maine's regular season record/title.

>Now, here is the thing I find most interesting.  Some may recall, UAF
>forfeited 12 games in 1991-92 due to use of an ineligible player.  But
>they also played Maine early in the season...and apparently the ruling
>may be that BOTH teams used ineligible players.  What happens then?
>Do both teams get losses?  Can we give the wins to Merrimack instead? :-)

Hmmm.... Good point (I didn't know about Air Force's predicament)!
How about a 0-0 tie? Or would that be a 1-1 tie? :-) Anyway, something
tells me HE won't give the wins to Merrimack! :-)

Ryan Robbins
Stodder Hall
University of Maine