Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1993 00:06:22 GMT
|>   Most of Brown's losses came at the beginning of the season, when they
|> had as many as 6 of their starters injured.  How did they finish the
|> season when everyone was healthy?  At 8-1-1 for the last 10 games!
|>
|>   Brown split the series with RPI.  But Brown won the last meeting, and
|> had a much stronger showing in the playoffs where they beat Harvard and
|> were edged by Clarkson in the final.  RPI lost both its playoff games.

Actually, Ken, RPI beat brown in the last meeting, at RPI on the.. 6th I believe
of February, RPI's Freakout.  I know at the time, Brown didnt look all that
impressive, and it was an easy win for RPI, although Brown DID look at least
considerably better in the ECAC tourney. :)

|>   Even a diehard RPI fan would have to admit that the teams were a close
|> match, but that Brown was a hotter team at the end of the season, and
|> had a better playoff series.  The NCAA bid went to the team that came
|> on strong at the end of the season.

Agreed, it seems that RPI, unfortunately, picked the wrong time to slump, and
it cost them the bid.