From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1993 12:06:27 CST
Martin writes:

>Check this out: I'm listening to NPR this morning, and they do a feature on
>Mike Muller (sp?), formerly of the Minnesota Gophers, who has gone to play
>for the "Soviet" Dynamo team!  It was really cool!  Apparently he was drafted
>by an NHL team his freshman year, didn't develop so wonderfully, and took
>a job playing in Russia after graduating.

Mike Muller played two seasons for the Gophers, and developed into an
excellent college defenseman.  The Winnipeg Jets, who hold his NHL rights,
signed him to a contract and sent him to play for a year with Moscow
Dynamo.  The Gophers miss him, as they are short of experienced defense
this year, but the Jets certainly gave Mike a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity.

>One last thing:  At the end of the interview, when the NPR interviewer thanked
>Mike for the interview (by phone to Russia), he responded: You bet!
>
>I burst out laughing.  Get it, Minnesotans?

Whatever.  :-)  You can't take the Minnesota out of the boy by sending him
to Russia!

-- Erik
Erik Biever                                                    GO GOPHERS!
[log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]