From:
Nate Huang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 90 10:38:46 -0500
Years ago, USC hired a football coach and told him two things were
expected of him.  First, win the Rose Bowl.  Second, beat Notre Dame.
He did win the Rose Bowl, but lost all his games to Notre Dame.  He
contract was not renewed.

As a Cornell alum and diehard Big Red hockey fan, I see a similar
situation with Brian McCutcheon.  Except here, there have been NO ECAC
titles, and NO regular season wins versus Harvard.

Friday's 8-3 loss made it 11 straight regular-season games that
Cornell has dropped to the Crimson.  It was the fifth one I have seen
in person.  Furthermore, since I wasn't present for Cornell's playoff
win last year, I am skeptical we ever beat them!  It was all a sham!

The worst part of this particular loss was my seat in Blight (sic)
Arena.  The crowd was maybe 25% Cornell, very high for an away game.
But I was deep in the Harvard zone for most of Harvard's goals, which
means I couldn't even see the puck.  I only saw the Harvard players
shoot, and then 75% of the crowd standing all at once in jubilation.
<in whining tone...> AND IT JUST KEPT HAPPENING OVER AND OVER...

You think I'M pissed?  My friend Steve, also Cornell '89, has flown
out from Stanford the past two years for the game!  Both times, we
thought we would finally SEE Cornell beat Harvard, and both times, we
have to gloomily make our way to Hong Kong to drink our Scorpian Bowl
in utter disgust at the way Cornell played.  Same old story - Harvard
has superior skaters and just kicks our ass.  Steve wants
reimbursement from the Cornell Athletic Department.  Arthur Mintz -
please see what you can do!  Or just tell McCutcheon to get his act
together, or get out.

Pretty soon, I'll be leaving Brown and may also have to fly
cross-country for the game.  All I can say is: I'm on the ice in
Blight Arena when we finally beat them!

Nate