From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:24:04 -0400
There were a few other things I forgot:

NCAA Ads - A friend commented on how he could have done without the in-house live
interviews that occurred during breaks.  I assume these are not viewed on TV.  In contrast to
the endless loop of unvarying NCAA ads, I found this substitution a true relief.

Ice Conditions - These were the worst since Cinncinati.  The refs had to continually repair the
ice.  Water had to be squeeged at one point.  The ice looked solid enough near the cooling
lines but not so solid for most of the surface.  This impression might not be as obvious from
viewing on TV. And when that guy came out with the drill to repair the goal post hole, it was
deja vu all over again.

Public Transportation - The People Mover is interesting and nice.  But until there is a more
meaningful, area-wide public train system put in place it will remain just interesting and nice.
The stations are probably some of the nicest in the country.  They were designed to be
deliberate public art.

Thursday Games - The least satisfying pair of Thursday games I can recall.

Thank you,

Doug Peterson