From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1992 13:59:20 EST
Louie says:
>An injury to a player (or multiple players for that matter) should not have any
>impact on whether or not a TEAM (according to webster a team is defined as a
>group of people working or playing together,especially as one side in a
 contest)
>is or is not selected into the tournament. That's just total bull. Correct me
>if I'm wrong, but in the selection criteria, I don't think right after
>head-to-head competition comes healthiest team.

It is in the rules--I have read it at my local library. In the NCAA handbook,
in the section describing selection criteria for all sports, 3 factors are
 listed:
won-loss record, difficulty of schedule, and AVAILABLITY OF PLAYERS.

In the NCAA championship book, in a special section on men's ice hockey, it adds
head-to-head, common opponents and other criteria.

If you want to get technical, "healthiest team" comes *before* head-to-head.

But nobody ever said the committee HAD to follow the rules... (half smiley)

Keith