From:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:20:04 -0500
I guess the committee finally got offended that they could be replaced with
a script written by John Whelan that runs in a few seconds.  I could just
see the smirk on the face of the chairman as he said, 'This will add a
little mystery to [selection] Sunday,' I'm sure the committee is very proud.

Also, the main justification given was to influence scheduling of good NC
games.  What then is the point of announcing it at the END of the season?
I'm baffled.  Well, at least I can look forward to the hundreds of emails I
used to get on Selection Sunday evening.  They were always fun to read.

Also, since this is an additive bonus that doesn't penalize losses, it
clearly benefits teams with more non-conference games played.  So, I will be
the first to say, "They are clearly trying to screw the ECAC, and the Ivies
in particular."

Larry