From:
Steve Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 10:22:26 -0500
 From Richard:
>Alain Roy and Chucky Hughes split the netminder duties for the Crimson
>during their time, including the 1989 NC$$ National Title - Hughes in goal
>for the Championship game after Roy had anchored the semifinal.

Yes and Roy is the one I though was better but I guess Hughes proved me
wrong getting the job done in the championship game.

 From Erik:
>And I'm not a Harvard fan, I'm a fan of that other team that was in the
>1989 championship game.That game still gets my vote as the best NC$$
>championship game of all time. We'll never see a game like that
>again.  College hockey is too slow now, focused on clogging up the lanes
>with 220 pound defensemen and wings.

The game has changed an perhaps not for the better.  But for Harvard this
was a very fitting end to the great wide open skating style we all loved to
watch even if we hated to loose to then.

 From Bob:
>1993 championship game, Maine/Lake State, with Jim Montgomery forever
>defining the term "captain," by scoring three goals in the third period
>for a one-goal win and not allowing his team to lose.

Very dramatic but not the original.  Dan Lodboa did the same for 29-0
Cornell in the 1970 championship game except the final score was 6-3 (I
think--the hat trick is clear in my mind but the score is foggy).

--Steve