Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:19:32 -0600
Not that I have not enjoyed the thread concerning athletic program
accounting issues (I work at an accounting firm), but I would like to put
forward a different hockey related question/discussion.

After the last game I attended, I started thinking about the use of one
goalie vs. two goalies during the season.  Recently, the U of Minnesota has
only been using Hauser.  He is the senior, and as such has the most
experience.

My problem with this is that sometimes-as I believe I have seen with Hauser
in past years - is that when he knows the burden is on him, after a while he
has cracked under the pressure and not been "all there" when in the games.
Though I should mention I have not seen that yet this season.

I personally believe that when you have more than one competent goalie, you
need to take the chance and play them.  A good example is when Hauser got
Mono two years ago.  He really should not have been playing, IMHO.  I know
the doctors said he could, but to me he should not have.  But since Hauser
had spent the whole season in front of the net, I suppose Lucia felt he had
no other choice.
Don't get me wrong, I like Hauser, I just don't feel they should use him all
the time.

I would like to know other members' thoughts on this issue.  Does your team
use more than one goalie, and if not, what do you think of that?

Kathy M.

HOCKEY!!!! -- GO GOPHERS!!!
kam