Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 00:41:03 EST
If you are planning to go to the SIT, I learned tonight that there is a
chance that it might not come off this year. An AHL game between the
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and the Syracuse Crunch was cancelled Friday
night, as a result of "unsafe ice conditions" at the Onondaga County War
Memorial in Syracuse.

An official from the SIT I talked to tonight said that an alarm on the ice
refrigeration equipment at the arena sounded Thursday (Thanksgiving) night,
but was silenced and not addressed until sometime on Friday. That left the
crew at the arena unable to get the ice surface down properly for Friday's
AHL game. The people I talked to at the arena were not sure if needed repairs
would be ready in time for the tournament to begin by the tomorrow afternoon.

Before heading to the arena on Saturday, I'd suggest calling the arena (315)
473-4444, or check Crease Monkey Hockey's SIT page at
http://members.aol.com/todnielson/Tournaments/SIT/index.html

The evening news in Syracuse also said that this is quite possibly the final
year for the tournament, due to lack of sponsorship.

-Todd Nielson
Crease Monkey Hockey WWW Site
http://members.aol.com/todnielson/creasemonkey.html