From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 11:58:38 -0500
We can all be thankful it was another great game.  I can't imagine anyone
who watches any ice hockey turning in and not being won over as a fan of
college hockey.  Congratulations to all the teams at the Frozen Four in that
regard, BTW.

It seemed to me (watching the game from 1000 miles away :-)) that BC relied
a little too much on their one great line and/or the individual wizardry of
guys like Farakus.  Indeed, to echo the other comments already made, that is
what the anouncers emphasized in their call almost to the exclusion of the
team concept.  But BC played a great game and lost to a ND team who turned
it up a notch in the 3rd period.  And that was actually the difference -
more total team effort.  Those guys put everything they had into the game
and at the end seemed to just have more to give than BC.  They also had the
better transition defense-to-offense game throughout.

Sure wish I could have been there!  Maybe when I retire in about 8 years -
of course, I'll have to plan ahead and enter the ticket lottery about two
years before that the way things are going.  At least the sport is growing
in general popularity.  That brings troubles, but is on balance good for us.

Tom Rowe                                          [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners Up 92 & 98