From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:56:09 -0500
Well I just got back from my 4 days in NY to attend the Syracuse
Invitational.  As a St. Lawrence fan it was a disaster.  They were not
the same team I saw at Harvard or at Brown.  In the game vs. Niagara
they looked slow and completely out of it.  They looked better in the
game against Miami but it was still a loss in overtime.  I am sorry that
I can't give a good report on all the games but because of traveling
problems, etc.  I only saw the 2 SLU games and 2 periods of the
championship game.  Congratulations to Niagara.  They played a fine
tournament.

I must admit that I have complaints with the SIT.  I was lucky to catch
the first game because everyone seemed to advertise different times.
The Oncenter (what they call the Onondaga County War Memorial and
convention center now) has a web page but even they didn't give the
times.  Thank goodness Ticketmaster did.  The games weren't even
mentioned in the Oncenter's prerecorded events-line.  It is amazing that
anyone shows up for those games.  The advertising is nonexistent.

They did announce that next year the SIT will be played the weekend
after Thanksgiving.  The teams playing will be:  Clarkson, Cornell,
Colgate and Merrimack.

Sorry for the lack of game detail but the trip was exhausting.

Happy holidays to all,
Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!!