From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1992 22:54:13 -0700
> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1992 22:55:52 EST
> From: R David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Hockey Riddle #2
> To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L <[log in to unmask]>
>
> This happened during a Cornell game according to my Cornell historian, Bill
> Sangrey.
>
> A player on Cornell's team is called for a delayed penalty; the other
> team has the puck and the ref's arm is raised.  Cornell then gets a goal,
> it counts, and the player getting the goal is none other than the person
> on whom the penalty was called.  Cornell's opponent then proceeds to have
> a 2-minute power-play. How can this happen?

The opponents put the puck in their own net (stupid of them) and the
penalized player gets credit for the goal because (i'm not sure of the
rule but it is) either because he was the last one to touch it for
cornell (and he touched it before the penalty was observed) or because
he was closest to it when it went in.

> --
> Dave [log in to unmask]
> Cornell '91 OSU Med '95
> Let's Go Red!
> "I'm ambivalent" --OSU coach Jerry Welsh. Yes, he was talking about the
> NCAA limit on assistants, but it may be the epitaph for the OSU hockey program
   .

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492