Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1992 11:21:19 EST
On the 3 on 3, had Craig Ferraro not been cross-checked visciously in the back
in the RPI zone, maybe there wouldn't have been the breakaway that set up
RPI's 5th goal. That reminds me of another comment. Tony feels that the oranges
were a strong factor in the scuffles between teams. Had he been watching the
same game I was, he would have seen both teams were hitting hard and nasty.
 Elbows, sticks, punches, cross-checks(to the face). This game was kind of like
 the movie "Slapshot". Everyone was taking dives. Murphy was so screwed up he
know what to call. An example, after a Union rush to the net after a loose
rebound, two Union players were hauled down by defensemen, denying them the
chance at a scoring opportunity. One of these players was Rick Burchill. After
the play, he tugged at the winger who was trying to ice the puck, when the
winger took a blatant dive. He really won an Oscar for this one, folks.
Murphy puts Burchill in the box for holding. On the way to the box, Burchill
exclaims, "I didn't do anything worse than anyone else. you're f___ing me over"
Murphy: "Everyone in this game is taking dives. I don't know what's real or
what's fake. But I caught YOU!" I'm not a sore loser. Union spotted RPI 3 goals
and they deserved to lose. But, let's keep the facts straight kids. Keith.