From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1992 16:09:36 GMT
Robin writes:
>       Unfortunately, more typical emotions came to a head at the end of the
>game.  Clarkson's speedy freshman, Todd Marchand, went down hard after
>tripping over SLU's goalie and apparently hurt a knee.

I just thought it was interesting to see the descriptions Robin and Mike
gave of this.  Robin said the above, while Mike said someone he talked to
said that Marchand was tripped after an SLU player stuck his stick through
his legs.  One of the most interesting things about HOCKEY-L is reading the
different descriptions of the same incident by people whose loyalties lie
with different teams! :-)

>All in all not a very pretty scene and it took some of the excitement away
>from the celebration.  Rumor has it that Mark Morris, the Clarkson coach,
>had his players get right on the bus in full uniform to go back to Cheel
>for some "extra" skating, although he relented by the time they got back to
>Potsdam and the team often dresses and showers back at its home rink when
>they play SLU.

I can guarantee you Morris did not skate his team.  There is a new regulation
that prevents coaches from skating teams after they play.  I believe it is
an NC$$ rule.  Gone are the days when a coach would have his team skate
at 3 am after returning from a 4-hour road trip...

- mike