From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 1992 21:27:58 GMT
I believe Steve Christopher asked all of these questions (I know he
asked #1 & 3).

> What is a natural hat-trick?

This is when a player scores three consecutive goals in the game without
anyone else from either side scoring.  It used to be THE definition of a
hat trick before it became known as just scoring three goals in a game.

> Have any players scored a shorthanded hat trick?

C.J. Young, formerly of Harvard and now of the US Olympic Team, scored
three goals on the same shorthanded situation (and same shift, I think)
in just over one minute against Dartmouth during the 1988-89 season.  I
believe it was a natural shorthanded hat trick.

> Ohio University hockey.

Ohio was a DivI Indep from 1958-71, then a CCHA (inaugural) member from
1971-73.  Perhaps some CCHA fans can elaborate on why the school dropped
out of DivI.

- mike