From:
ATWBARTLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ATWBARTLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:45:33 EST
Despite losing the "fabled" 9 seniors, 6 of whom were all-stars, Michigan has
surprised me along with many others by just winning game after game.  Loaded
with freshman who are playing very well, Michigan has figured ways to keep
sqeaking (sp) out victories.  John H can fill in the exact stats but I think
Michigan has won 9 one-goal games so far this year.  I was hoping for a 20
some victory season and a NCAA bid, but now I hope that the Freshman continue
to get better and maybe Michigan gets to the final 4 again.   Many other
schools get talked about much more on this board than Michigan, But I keep
seeing them lose (BU, ND, NH) and keep seeing Michigan win.  Give the kids
from UM some credit for hanging tough in this "re-building" year.  I don't
think they will win the NCAA championship but they are more exciting to watch
this year than they were the last 2 years.

Steve