From:
Steven Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 14:12:11 -0500
Minn-Mich scores
NCAA regionals East Lansing Mar 24 1996  4-3
College showcase Detroi Nov 29 1996 4-3 OT
NCAA regionals Grand Rapids Mar 23 1997 7-4
Hall of Fame Minn Oct 10 1997 3-2
College showcase Ann Arbor Nov 28 1997 4-3

I know these teams are not the teams of the past couple of years, but this
was a very good game, perhaps the best at Yost Ice Arena this year.  Minn
outshot Um 32-21.  Turco made spectacular save after spectacular save.
Muckalt scored 2 goals.  First period was relatively slow with no scoring
until late in the period.  Both teams came out flying in the second both
missing on breakaways in the first 2 minutes.  Hayes scored shorthanded and
Kosick got the other goal.

Wisconsin will be the first "ranked" team that Michigan has played in a while
and it will be interesting to see what happens on SUnday afternoon with that
game.

As a sort of PS, my wife who goes to about 15 games a year called Minnesota
"kind of a huggy team especially after the whistle blows."  This was not
meant as a compliment.

Steve Bartley