From:
Jay Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:13:27 -0400
Today's update of the schedules on USCHO has Cornell participating in the
Marine Midland tourney on Nov. 28 (vs. Niagra) and 29 (vs. Colgate/a school
TBA). BTW, this puts Cornell at their 29 game limit.

>Unless this is a recent addition or an exhibiton game, Cornell does not
>have Niagara on their schedule so this is going to be a rather one-sided
>contest.

Despite the fact that this is all fantasizing, I'll throw in my opinion:
most eastern D-I college hockey programs are not big-time sports schools.
So, they have limited athletic budgets and aren't going to want to institute
wacky travel plans. This, unfortunately, probably eliminates the possibility
that Niagara and/or Canisius would join the ECAC because it's a heck of a
long bus ride from Boston and Providence to Buffalo. I agree that Niagra
would probably fit best in the CCHA, given geography. And, supposing Vermont
jumps to Hockey East, where does the ECAC find a travel partner for Dartmouth?

---
Jay Wang
Cornell University
The Cornell Daily Sun