From:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 15:19:02 -0400
Pelletier was selected 30th by the Philadelphia Flyers as their first pick
in the draft.  The Flyers apparantly want him to, the paper actually said
"expect him" to play Junior hockey next year.  Pelletier's comments were to
the effect of "I thought I'd won the job last year, but ..."  So, it looks
like he may jump ship, which would be very, very dissappointing.  In a lot
of ways.  Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

The Flyers, who already have 3 talented goaltenders in their minor league
system, are apparantly insuring themsleves against the expansion draft when
the new teams join.  Maybe they won't mind waiting a few years for JM.
BTW, the paper listed JM as 6-3 200.  I think that's a little generous.

Well, the waiting game is on.  It's nice to see college hockey players
drafted, but if this is the result, I'm not so sure I like it that much.

Larry Weintraub,
Cornell University
Let's Go BIG RED!!!!!

Quote of the Semester:
   "Our program was coming but when we played Cornell our building just
changed.  The Cornell fans brought a lot of their chants and their
tradition to this building.  From then on, our crowd has taken off"

                --Michigan Hockey Coach Red Berenson