From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 11:34:50 EDT
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]> wrote in the midst of some otherwise sane
ramblings:

>Paul's Pre-Season College Hockey National Rankings.
>#1 Maine
>#2 MIchigan
>#3 BU
>#4 UNH
>#5 Minnesota
>#6 Denver
>#7 Lowell               (Picked for last place by HockeyEast Coaches)
>#8 Mich. State
>#9 N. Dakota
>#10 Boston College
>(also receiving votes Merrimack, LSSU, Vermont, Providence, Clarkson)

What pray-tell do you have against UMass-Amherst? :-)

Seven out of eight H-East teams in the top 14????  Even if this were
true, they would beat each other enough so that the votes wouldn't go
that way.

Not wanting to woof (so I won't mention what I think is the most glaring
omission: hint, the team had no (i.e., zero) seniors in 96-97), I can't
believe that N Dakota is only being picked for seventh.  Also, I think
that Cornell will return to the NC$$ next year.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74