From:
Ed Ridolfi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 10:17:07 -0400
Regarding John Whelan's post:

I think alot of men's hockey fans would be surprised at how much talent and
excitement their is in women's hockey.  I've seen both the Lawrenceville
School (a central Jersey Prep School whose boys are routinely ranked #1 in
NJ) and Princeton Universities Varsity Women's Teams play last season.  The
women played  very competitive games.

The Tigers played Brown.  Both teams had talented shooters and we saw a game
that was more physical then we had imagined.

In our area their are even some girls and women's club teams.  It would seem
that, given the time and the coaching, this sport could flourish.

I encourage anyone who is near enough to a  women's hockey team to visit them
next season.