From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 15:25:13 -0500
David Morgenstern wrote on Hockey-L:

>I suspect a larger crowd will be at the Fleet, but there will be plenty of
>empty seats anyway for the BU game because it begins at 5 and historically
>the Garden/Fleet doesn't fill up for an early weeknight game.

And when they get there, I *know* the BU fans will be rooting for the
Wildcats to defeat BC.  ;-)

>I am curious to see the tourney seeding predictions from the people that
>usually post them.  I don't think I know enough about the west to make them
>so I am interested in those posts.  Particularly what might happen in the
>East.  My personal feelings is that Clarkson has sewn up #1, and that if BU
>or UNH wins the HE tourney they will get the other.  I know from the
>justification for them getting a bye now.  They finished third in their
>league (barely) and lost on home ice in the ECACs.  I think that will weigh
>heavily against them when the committee looks into the seedings.
>
>Any thoughts on that from the experts?

I don't know if this qualifies as an expert opinion, but I agree that if
either BU or UNH wins the HE tournament championship (even if they do not
meet in the final), they will be rewarded with a bye in Worcester (E2 if
Clarkson wins the ECAC, possibly E1 if Clarkson flames out, which I don't
believe they will).  If they meet in the final, I predict that the loser
will get the E3 seed over UVM, although that may mean conference matchups
on Saturday in Worcester.

Karen Ambrose
Go Blue!  Beat BC!!  Get Well Coach Umile!!!