From:
David Morgenstern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:11:22 -0400
BU was on spring break which accounted for the small crowd.  Also, the
basketball team played in the finals of their conference tourney starting
at 4:30 for a chance to make the big dance.  They won, and a lot of the
crowd (over 2500 which for  BU hoop is huge) probably hit the bars instead
of Walter Brown.

I suspect a larger crowd will be at the Fleet, but there will be plenty of
empty seats anyway for the BU game because it begins at 5 and historically
the Garden/Fleet doesn't fill up for an early weeknight game.

I am curious to see the tourney seeding predictions from the people that
usually post them.  I don't think I know enough about the west to make them
so I am interested in those posts.  Particularly what might happen in the
East.  My personal feelings is that Clarkson has sewn up #1, and that if BU
or UNH wins the HE tourney they will get the other.  I know from the
justification for them getting a bye now.  They finished third in their
league (barely) and lost on home ice in the ECACs.  I think that will weigh
heavily against them when the committee looks into the seedings.

Any thoughts on that from the experts?

Thanks
Dave