From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 18:39:00 PST
On any given day, any team can beat another in college hockey.
MSU has proven that it can devise a strategy  that can somewhat shut down
Michigan and has beaten the Wolverines twice.
But no one else has done it once this season.
However, properly challenged, as Michigan will be in a 3-game run to the
championship, I think they have the talent, poise and maturity to become the
first repeat champions since BU in 1971-72.
And given that Red Berenson has held this team together for four years, I
think he deserves it. That in itself is quite an accomplishment.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like the way Michigan plays the
game, kinda like the way MSU set a (but not the only) standard in the '80s,
Wisconsin and Minnesota in the '70s, and Denver and Michigan Tech in the
'60s.
Sorry, I don't remember the '50s!!!

Steve Klein